Home Forums Winter Salon 2014 – Group 3: Julie, Vijaya, Jody Week Five, Jody- East Coast

• Creator
    Discussion

Jody-Brettkelly
    Participant

Might be the end.

• Author
    Replies

JODY,

I love the images noted above and the great WC’s. I love all the smells. They linger. I Love the poetic quality of this and not quite understanding it but secure in the feeling that you understand and know where you are going. Is this part of the other story you submitted? It feels different. Yet there are shootings again. Very evocative writing. I think at this point I am dying to know exactly what happened. Who was shot when and by whom? At once point I thought that the narrator ( one of the sisters had been shot in Oakland, yes? )

Please let me know if that the comments in the text were not saved. I wrote a lot

Wonderful writing, Jody. I love this piece. Haunting and real with the smells that are so real and present. Really flows. compelling to the reader. Want to know what is happening. I put notes in the writing itself. Let me know if the file does not open.

Elizabeth
    Administrator

This is a powerful ending, Jody. I love it. Amazing that you did it through smell. And I can see how much you know about this story, about the past, the plot and the future, about these characters.  So vivid!

Warmly,

Elizabeth

Your Cart