• Creator
    Discussion

julierappaport
    Participant

We’re still with Lucy but in a new place- this is pretty much just after the temple scene.

• Author
    Replies

Version:1.0 StartHTML:0000000167 EndHTML:0000000988 StartFragment:0000000457 EndFragment:0000000972
    <p style=”margin-bottom: 0in; line-height: 200%;”><span style=”background: #ffff00;”>ow, am loving all these new characters from the very english sounding Mrs Margaret Mathew, the very definite crisp sounding beds (which I’ve slept on in different countries all over the world) the intrigue of her pretending to be a magazine writer – and why exactly she is there, the fact of not being able to mention anyone’s name and then (!) the woman giving birth down the hallway. What an amazing overnight stay!</span></p>

Elizabeth
    Administrator

Julie,

Wow, this is another wonderful world you’ve brought us to. Interesting to follow the goddess and temple with another place concerned with women in another way. I am very curious why she is there and why she’s told the story she has, and even why they let a journalist in—that’s not always the best cover story for gaining entrée. I love having these questions, of course, so long as you have answers. That’s the pleasure of reading. The moaning is great in the same way—I can’t help wondering what is going on.

In general, you can take a little more time—let different ideas and actions have their own sentences, bring us fully into the story.

I love the action right away, the strong character of Mrs. Margaret Matthew, and our narrator’s hesitation and uncertainty throughout.

Warmly,

Elizabeth

Your Cart