• Creator
    Discussion

julierappaport
    Participant

Somehow my piece which I uploaded on Sunday is INVISIBLE. I am trying again. Week 2.

• Author
    Replies

Ok. AGAIN WEEK 2 JULIE

Jody comments on Julie piece – week 2- see attached
    <p style=”margin-top: 0.11in; margin-bottom: 0in; line-height: 200%;”><span style=”font-family: ‘Times New Roman’, serif;”><span style=”font-size: medium;”><span style=”background: #ffff00;”>THis was so fascinating Julie! Would love many many details of this, slowly as you walk in, what you said, what he said. It’s all an incredible set-up and situation. Would love to read it maybe as a day in your life, details of walking to work past a business that you were going to review,  what you did at work and how the business had changed when you walked home. or next week.This is all so scary and remind me a bit of that claustrophobic feel of The Circle where the technology takes over the person’s life. (although in that book she has been persuaded by the powers that be that its all for the greater good.) I know only had 500 words but would love to read about the bosses, the work place, the other workers and juxtaposed with something else serene or good in the rest of your life (doing yoga or something else) love it!</span></span></span></p>

Jody: I took a quick look at your comments to make sure that my piece was posted. I apologize for not putting this piece in context. It is all FICTION. The job with YOWL is Lucy’s job that she recently quit to fly to India. She is on the local bus ( I wrote a long chapter about that) and flashes back to what she would have been doing at home if not standing on the bus. I am so deeply into the book, that I forget that nobody except Elizabeth and Devi ( and Thais) have a clue as to what’s going on.

Elizabeth
    Administrator

Julie,

I love this whole twisted enterprise and her attitude about it. Makes her likeable to me and intrigued. Since she starts on a bus, I would go ahead and give us a little more of that—some of which probably will come when this is pasted in with the rest of the book. But that’s the frame scene—what’s at stake there? However, this is so entertaining, that I am happy to go along. So many just do enough to establish the contrast. I was glad to come to a specific instance of a place she’s done in. A character with a problem or set of problems is a great one to launch into a life-changing story.

Bravo! (More comments in ms.)

Warmly,
    Elizabeth

Your Cart