• Creator
    Discussion

Sabina
    Participant

Hello All,

SOrry for late submission.  Very rough draft and hard to write.  Thank you so much for reading 🙂

Sabina

• Author
    Replies

Sabina

I apologize for multiple posts.  NOt sure how to fix it.  I wanted the one that was double spaced and 12 font.

Thank you.

thais

Wonderful! So moving. I’m tearing up. I love this dancing in the rain and the build up with the rain outside and then inside.

hi sabina
    loved the ending of the scene when she danced in the rain 🙂
    nice work

Elizabeth
    Administrator

Sabrina,

I have chills. I think that you can put together a short story out of the sections you’ve shared in Salon. I realize that it is part of your novel, and that is great. But it also will work as a stand-alone story, which means that you can polish it up and begin to submit it. For that, I would think about what else is going on with the sister, about the cross-currents that roll under the main story about losing and yet keeping Ibrahim. What else is the story about? It’s about sisters, about their relationship, about the ways in which they switched roles, and that was hard but also lead to a deeper connection. Yes? I think short stories usually have these cross-currents that creates whirlpools of emotion and energy. This is very powerful—a good piece of your novel and a piece that can precede it into the world. Bravo!

Warmly,

Elizabeth

Elizabeth
    Administrator

I am so so sorry that I did your name wrong in my comments and here. Arg! If I weren’t so tired I’d figure out how to erase it and start over, but I’m getting to posting these quite late. Please forgive me.

Sabina

Haha!  It is ok 🙂

Your Cart