• Creator
    Discussion

Devi S. Laskar
    Participant

here is the start of a dinner party scene with Dia

• Author
    Replies

thais

Wow! Nice grab at the end. I’m wondering how dia feels about the miscarriages and how it relates back to Crash? Is she still thinking about him? Always a pleasure to read your story.

Elizabeth
    Administrator

Devi,

This world is so rich and full of conflict. Just fabulous. You know so much about the world and the characters, your challenge is going to be finding the scenes you want to dramatize and the information you want to reveal in action rather than in narration. What’s great about a discovery draft is that you uncover all kinds of potentially powerful scenes. There are at least two, and likely many more, lurking around at this dinner party. Right now, the action is hilarious and gives us a strong sense of the world and its characters. Now’s your chance to build to conflict and change. That’s what you are looking for in every scene—and what you have suggested in so many lines of backstory and summary here.

Warmly,

Elizabeth

Sabina

Devi!

I am so sorry, I thought I already posted.

I love the details.  I feel so much is going on.  Especially the last line is so telling, but I wanted more.

Sabina

Your Cart