Discussion

Devi S. Laskar
    Participant

another piece of circa, with Dia and Crash. 🙂

• Author
    Replies

Sabina

I loved this.  So vivid.  The details.

I find interesting this line, “<span style=”font-family: Cambria; font-size: 12pt; line-height: 1.5em;”>she hadn’t stolen anything in years, hadn’t pick-pocketed or shoplifted or lied, and hadn’t bothered the Thompsons in almost a decade, but something about the abandoned kite made her want to fly”</span>

Does this mean she used to?

And her relationship? with Henry is so wrong but as a reader i know it is because she must not feel love for her husband?  Intriguing!

Thank you for this.  I love Dia’s character, so deep and like I am with her on her journey of life.

Sabina

thais

Dear Devi,
    Well, this was an exciting read. So much going on. I would love to stay longer with the Thompson’s but maybe that’s in other pages. Very much enjoyed reading this! I’ve gotten to the point with your edits on my pieces that I’m hearing your voice in my head, along with Elizabeth’s. Five years now!

Elizabeth
    Administrator

Devi,

I like this set up—maybe move it up and let it play out rather than tagging it on after we know the whole thing. It almost feels like you wrote deeper into the scene and figured out a lot and now can put it into order. There is so much here that is wonderful and rich, funny and intriguing. I especially LOVE how flawed and reckless Dia is—she’s both sympathetic and well set up for a character arc.

Warmly,

Elizabeth

Elizabeth
    Administrator

@Thais — Five years!?! That is amazing. And look at how far you’ve come with your writing career. Thrilling. E.

Your Cart